Sunday, March 21, 2010

What are you shooting?

One of the things that I've struggled with as a photographer is slowing down to really compose my shot and consider everything that is in the frame.  I tend to just focus only on what is just beyond the active AF point on my camera.  That's fine and dandy, but a lot of times its what's along the edges of the picture that can make or break a picture.  This was supposed to be a picture of the buildings.  I loved the way the light from the ground was lighting them up.  It gave it a bit of a surreal, castle-esque feel.  I didn't even see the moon in the frame when I took it.  I think I got lucky in this one though.  I actually am glad to see it was there.  Its what makes the picture for me and why it didn't end up deleted.
Moon in the clouds

No comments:

Post a Comment