Sunday, March 7, 2010

Hobbies

In this information age, its nice to look at something printed every now and then.  Its good to unplug from the internet and go analog.  Look at actual printed photos and read printed words instead of 1's and 0's on a computer screen.  Do you remember what its like to read a book?  I haven't read an actual book in almost a year and I didn't even finish the one I was reading.  I've become too accustomed to brain stimulation in short bursts that its hard to sit down and  focus my mind on something for an extended amount of time.  One of the magazines pictured above actually has articles with text that spans over 3 pages.  As I read it, it felt like the article was never going to end.

Maybe we just need to have a national unplug day.  A day where you unplug from the internet and media devices.  Reconnect with the analog world.
Hobbies

No comments:

Post a Comment