Friday, January 1, 2010

Last year wasn't my best year in photography. I wasn't into it as much and it often took a back seat to other hobbies and things going on my life. As a result of that, my photography got a bit stale in my opinion. This year I'm going to take the reins and put more focus on growing as a photographer.

I’ve read on various discussion forums about Picture a Day projects. For a year you take a photo each day. There’s all sorts of themes and subjects people do. For me, I’m not going to go that route. I am going to go with what I’m feeling for the day. Some days will be creative works, others will be documentation for something that happened that day. Some of them are going to be last minute ‘I forgot to take a picture’ – pictures. The hope is that forcing myself to have a camera in my hands at least once a day will force me to think creatively and see more photo opportunities. Notice that I just said “a camera”. It doesn’t have to be my dSLR (Canon 20d). It can come from one of my point and shoot cameras or even from my cell phone. The camera is just a tool to capture the vision.

So with that…

No comments:

Post a Comment